Georgia Power’s infrastructure provides ideal hosting for wireless attachments throughout the state.
Georgia Power provides electric power to over 2.6M customers across a vast majority of Georgia. In 2021, Diamond and Georgia Power entered into a long-term agreement to facilitate marketing and operational availability of Georgia Power’s 90,000 transmission structures, 300+ communication towers and 600 properties available for build-to-suit to tier-1 wireless carriers for new antenna installations.
Key Advantages of the Georgia Power/Diamond Partnership
- Georgia Power’s assets are located throughout Georgia with significant coverage of Metro Atlanta, Augusta, Macon, Columbus, Athens and Savannah
- Georgia Power’s Telecom Colocation group is an industry leader focused on expanding connectivity for all Georgians
- Georgia Power and Diamond have worked collaboratively to institute a streamlined approval process to get your sites ON-AIR quickly and easily
- Georgia Power locations are established utility locations and are likely to be favorably viewed as potential locations for wireless antenna deployment by local zoning and permitting authorities
- Addition of Diamond Communications to Georgia Power Wireless Program brings successful track record of Colocation on Utility Infrastructure
- Since 2009, Diamond has partnered with utilities and successfully managed hundreds of wireless colocations on utility infrastructure
- Key members of Diamond’s management team have been directly involved in colocation on utility & critical infrastructure assets for over 20 years
- Diamond team has significant operational experience with utility assets
Georgia Power’s transmission towers, communication towers, and property assets can be viewed and are available upon request.
- Reduced site acquisition costs with optimal locations available for wireless colocation
- Substantial loading capacity available on existing towers and upgraded transmission towers
Quicker On-Air Time
- Aggressive construction schedules
- Coordination of outages on transmission lines, if needed
- Diamond project manager dedicated to coordinating all deployment activities between carriers and all relevant Georgia Power parties
- Workforce with years of experience executing timely and safe installations
- Master Site License Agreements that enable efficient lease documentation