Multi Theater Performing Arts Center Case Study
- A 170,000-square foot multi-theater performing arts center in a dense urban area, this venue hosts over 200 events a year
- With seating for over 3000 guests, the arts center is a low-rise complex amid commercial office skyscrapers, and multiple sports arenas.
- Coverage and capacity was hard to come by for the wireless operators and detrimental to the event-goer experience.
- Diamond Mobile Solutions (DMS) teamed with Ericsson to supply a Distributed Radio Access Network (D-‐RAN) throughout the venue. This included:
- A coverage and capacity solution designed by DMS and Ericsson to the specifications of the wireless service provider (WSP)
- Carrier/tenant coordination and deployment of a multi-‐operator technical solution including:
- High-capacity baseband units: Ericsson DUS 41
- Optimally placed 5-watt Ericsson mRRU radios
- Stealth omni and directional antennas to provide blanket coverage
- Dedicated fiber backhaul provided by the WSP
- DMS licensed the system back to the WSPs and provides on-going maintenance and operation of the D-RAN
- D-RAN architecture allows the WSP to choose their optimal bands using network equipment currently certified and integrated into their core networks
- DMS’s owner‐funded baseband and radio licensing program offsets carrier CapEx obligations
- In‐building system off-loads highly concentrated event-driven user traffic from an already overtaxed downtown macro network
- Enables real-time social media, video streaming, and an overall enhanced event experience